Methods in Defense and National Security 2007
Proceedings and Manuscript Preparation
Instructions for Authors submitting to the Methods in Defense and National Security 2007 Conference and its Proceedings.
The proceedings will be produced on a CD-ROM. This requires submission in the form of an electronic file. The ultimate production will be in the form of an Adobe Acrobat pdf file. If authors produce their own Adobe Acrobat files, they should produce a file that contains embedded fonts if at all possible. This gives much better screen resolution. However, MS Word, LaTeX, and postscript files are also acceptable.
All material should be submitted by April 20, 2007, to
- Contributed papers should not exceed 20 pages. These pages include everything --- bibliography, tables, graphics, title, etc.
- Center your title horizontally on the middle five
inches of the first page, and list the authors and addresses under the
title. Vertically, the title should start on the first line of the page.
If you cite support, do so in a footnote. Keywords and phrases may be
added, but are not required.
- Experience has shown that electronic papers appear better in a single column format. The basic text should
be five inches wide horizontally and eight and 1/2 inches tall vertically.
If using standard 8.5 by 11 paper, this means the side margins are one and
3/4 inches to the left of the column and one and 3/4 inches to the right
of the column. The typing area for Text should begin 1 and 1/2 inches from
the top of the page and leave one inch at the bottom of the page. If
possible, use right justification.
This format is essentially the same as that found in the Journal of
Computational and Graphical Statistics, Computational Statistics
and Data Analysis or the Annals of Statistics.
- To ensure uniformity of appearance, it is recommended
to use 10 point type, preferably computer modern or Times Roman.
- The manuscript should be single spaced. If you are
familiar with TeX, this means a baseline skip of 12 points.
- The abstract should follow the title and
- Other formatting is left to the discretion of the
- The Manuscript may be submitted electronically if in
TeX, LaTeX, MS Word, text, or PostScript form.
Take me back to the
main conference page.
Last Update April 6, 2007